A White Jasmine piece can be worn forever- and should, if you take care of it with love and respect. Since all of our jewelry is handmade they should be treated with proper care. Please follow these steps on how to retain its magic and brilliance.
Treat your jewelry with love
All our jewelry pieces are crafted in a traditional way and are therefore very delicate. Each stone is individually set, and the metal is plated.
- Put it on last, take it off first. Finish your overall look before you put your jewelry pieces on – and take them off the first thing you do before going to bed.
- Avoid contact with chemicals such as soaps, perfume, lotion, makeup, hair and cleaning products to maintain your jewelry’s shine.
- Always remove your jewelry when washing your hands, swimming, exercising, cleaning and before applying any kind of personal body product.
- Avoid contact with water and other fluids – especially acidic liquids, sonic cleaners, and commercial jewelry cleaners containing ammonia or alcohol. These types of liquid can damage both the plating and the crystals.
- Avoid impact with hard surfaces, as this can cause scratches and chips to the stones and the plating
How to clean
If possible, clean after every wear to remove any dirt or other signs of daily wear
- Use a soft, lint-free cloth to gently clean the product from every angle and store your pieces in a jewelry box or pouch to keep it looking shiny and bright.
- For pendants and necklaces, clean the chain last as this is likely to be the dirtiest part.
- When cleaning pierced earrings, hold your jewelry piece by the post (the part that goes into the earlobe).
Deep cleaning your jewelry
Occasionally, your jewelry may require more intensive cleaning to remove more persistent dirt or stains. However, in order to protect the plating, this should not be done too often.
- Fill a clean bowl with lukewarm water (around 30°C) and add a few drops of mild, pH neutral dish detergent. Do not use boiling water as it may damage your jewelry.
- Wash your jewelry in the water for up to two minutes, using your hands or a soft-bristled brush. Avoid applying hard pressure during cleaning as this may scratch or damage the surface.
- Rinse with clean water, taking care to remove any traces of soap.
- Dry thoroughly with a soft, lint-free cloth* or lay your jewelry on a clean piece of cloth until you are sure it is completely dry.